What is dental hygiene?
For Dr. Derek Lowe and our dental team, helping you love your smile as much as we do is an important part of our commitment to your smile. Although we truly enjoy getting to see you at our office, we recognize that the majority of your time will not be spent with us. This makes it extremely important for you to maintain a good dental hygiene regime. Dental hygiene includes the habits and measures you take to keep your smile clean and protect it from harm.
We are skilled in helping patients of all ages, especially children, feel excited about improving personal dental hygiene in Fairbanks, Alaska. We will work together when you visit our office, reviewing your history and answering any questions you may have. We are also available by phone to help any of our patients.
What resources are available?
At Alaska Dental Arts, we offer advice and help in the following areas and more:
- How to properly brush and floss your teeth
- How many times a day to brush and floss
- Which dental products to use, such as toothpaste and mouthwash
- Which foods and drinks support a healthy smile
- Habits to avoid, such as nail biting or opening things with your teeth
- How to protect your smile during intense activities, such as sports
- What to do in a dental emergency
We hope that you will feel more confident in your smile and your personal dental hygiene after each visit or conversation with our office. If you need help or have questions you would like answered, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly dentist today. We are eager to give you a reason to smile again.